Your time has come. It’s the end of an era of posturing and ignorance. Your good ole boy clubs and networks have been placed under the microscope. Every day that you invade town halls with your rhetoric and insanity proves this fact. Your bellowing of how health care reform will drastically interfere with the free enterprise system is being revealed by the fact that good ole boys are paying citizens to disrupt discussions at town halls. The financing from the insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies of the good ole boy network is trying to stop what they feel will hurt their bottom line. You are fueling the underlying racial divide with rhetoric and distraction. Do you honestly think that the average intelligent person can’t see through you scripted statements and false passions? Most of the people are simply tired of your B.S. That’s why Obama was elected. It’s time for you to grow up and stop being sore losers. Oh, but that’s trying to get rationality out of people who are irrational, which, in itself is irrational. Oh no, circular logic!
Was Jesus a racist? Did he not say that the good news was for both Jews AND Gentiles? Jesus embraced all kinds of people. A simple analysis of the Beatitudes reflects this:
- Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew5:3) – the poor and humble in spirit are blessed by God. Are the racists, birthers, deathers and disruptors of town halls humble in spirit? Hardly. Theirs is a spirit of frustration; “I want my country back!” Back from whom? A black president? Ah, you have revealed your racism!
- Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. (Matthew 5:4) – mourners are those who have endured the tremendous might of evil which invades the world; one of these evils is racism. Christ is also a comforter. His wisdom and love of man is unparalleled.
- Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. (Matthew 5:5) – the meek are humble and gentle; they don’t strive for disharmony because they put their needs in God’s hands, who ultimately delivers their inheritance of peace and justice on earth.
- Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. (Matthew 5:6) – the loaves and the fishes are a result of the oppressed people who longed for salvation and acceptance; sound like slavery of the African-American people? How many years did they endure oppression? Separation from their family members. Working hard for NO wages. Yet they thirsted for righteousness and the result was an African-American president who is aware of, and capable of, bringing the races together. Something the separatists despise. It is ruining “their America!” Funny, I thought this was our America?
- Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. (Matthew 5:7) – When you show mercy to another person who you perceive has violated you, then you are superseding justice with love. By assuming a quality of God and showing mercy, mercy will be shown to you. Are the racists, birthers, deathers and disruptors merciful? They are demanding back what they perceive is theirs without regard for anyone else. That, is NOT mercy!
- Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God (Matthew 5:8) –When you see God in everything that He has created, you are pure in heart. We are all expressions of God no matter what race we are. Anyone who sees that differently is NOT pure in heart. Is someone who accepts money to disrupt a town hall meeting with rhetoric and distraction pure in heart? Hardly!
- Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9) – Those who seek peace accept God as the creator of all things and diligently seek enlightenment and alignment with God. The God of the Old Testament appears to be a warrior God to some. Defending the Jews and claiming them as his “chosen people.” We are all children of God, yet when we seek separation from the whole of God’s creation, we are dividing up the whole into us and them. This is the basis for war, racism, separatism and all hostilities. Those who seek peace and calm, focused discussion recognize their connection to God. Is this the kind of behavior exhibited by racists, birthers, deathers and disruptors? Hardly!
- Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 5:10) – God set the example of how we should behave with the actions and behaviors in the life of Christ. Jesus demonstrated human emotion, divine healing and showed mercy and brotherhood to all. When Peter cut off the ear of the soldier, Jesus put it back on. He lived in the Kingdom of Heaven and said it was here and now. Not in some far off place in the sky. It is up to us to emulate his behavior and live in the Kingdom of Heaven now! There is no derision and hostility in the Kingdom of Heaven. Will there be sidearms present when you live in the Kingdom of Heaven? Think about it!
- Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. (Matthew 5:11-12) – This verse has been my guiding light. I am exceedingly glad and my reward is being able to live in the Kingdom of Heaven here and now. When I receive attacks from commenters who speak out of their a~s, without anything to back it up, I smile and thank the Lord for blessing me with insight and understanding. The Beatitudes are about keeping the testimonies of God and seeking Him with all of your mind, body and spirit. When you do this your are living in the Kingdom of Heaven everyday. Those who seek derision against man without proof, claim to know the Bible without thoroughly researching it and act like animals at public events are persecuting everyone who shows up to discuss the current issues. Rejoice in their ignorance for they truly have their reward! They have to live with themselves. Ultimately, pray for their guidance from God and the understanding of His laws.
Racists, birthers, deathers and disruptors beware. Your B.S. has been seen in the light of day. Try actually reading the content of the Health Reform Act before you cast judgment. Stop listening to self-aggrandizing inciters like Sarah Palin who don’t have a clue about reality, except to manipulate apparent circumstances to support their positions and increase their bottom line. Do you really think she actually cares about you? If you do then you are quite foolish. Keep displaying your ignorance and keep revealing your lack of understanding of what Jesus has taught us. I can only pray that one day you will wake up and smell the flowers. They, too, are a part of God’s magnificent creation!
For more info: Download my free Wilmington Spirituality Examiner toolbar. “Life is a gift. Be thankful for it and it will be replete with abundance. Encourage others to express creativity, release negativity and embrace pro-activity." ©2009 Dean A. Banks. All Rights Reserved. Dean A. Banks, MCIWD, DD can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or banksnet.com. Download my free eBook on Articles 1-10 here.